Understand your needs
Improve our services
Deliver personalised content
Save your preferences
Analyse visitor interactions
Your consent is voluntary – you can always change you cookie settings here.
Google Chrome safe mode enables the stripped-down version of the Chrome browser, without any extensions running in the background. Thus, the browser works faster and more smoothly. You may want to use Chrome in safe mode if:
To run Chrome in a safe mode, you should open it in incognito mode. This automatically disables all add-ons and extensions. Open Chrome in safe mode via shortcut keys:
For windows: Ctrl + Shift + n
For mac: Shift + Cmd + n
To enable certain add-ons when in Chrome incognito mode, you should:
1. Click the three dots in the top right and choose More Tools -> Extensions;
2. You can enable and disable them by clicking on the toggles.
Tap the tab with the hat and glasses once the app is open.
Or you can press on the three dots in the bottom-right and tap New Incognito Tab.
Tap the three dots on the upper right and choose New Incognito Tab.
You can also set up a shortcut to open Chrome in incognito mode automatically.
1. Make a copy of the Chrome shortcut, right-click on it, and select Properties;
2. Select the Shortcut tab and in the Target field add “–incognito” at the end of the line;
3. Click Apply -> Ok.
1.This process is a bit more complex. Open Script Editor by pressing Cmd + Space, typing in “script editor,” and double-clicking on it;
2. In the blank script editor’s window, copy/paste the following line:
3. Then click Script -> Compile or press the hammer icon;
4. Click Script -> Run or press the play button;
5. You can always stop the script by pressing the stop button.
If you follow all of the above steps, you'll be able to use safe mode.
Want to read more like this?
Get the latest news and tips from NordVPN.