Get NordVPN for all your devices
What are VPN extensions for Chrome?
The NordVPN browser extension for Chrome is a VPN proxy that secures your browser’s internet traffic and changes your IP. It comes with useful extra features to improve your browsing experience, like Threat Protection Lite for blocking ads and dangerous links. Chrome extensions only shield browser traffic — for other online activities, download the NordVPN app.
Enjoy the full benefits of the VPN Chrome extension
Security you can trust
An easy-to-use privacy solution
How to set up a VPN extension on Google Chrome?
Follow these three easy steps to add a VPN extension to Chrome. For more information, have a look at our detailed tutorial here.
Get the app
Find the app
Go to the Chrome Web Store and add NordVPN.
Log in to your account and use it.
Frequently asked questions
How do I use a browser VPN for Chrome?
How do I change my IP address with a VPN for Chrome?
Is a free VPN for Chrome good?
Reputable VPNs for Chrome like NordVPN also offer additional features that might be useful. For example, the NordVPN Chrome extension automatically blocks WebRTC — a protocol that could leak your IP. Another neat feature is Threat Protection Lite — it blocks ads and protects you from entering malicious websites. You can control both in the settings panel of the extension.
How do I disable VPN in Chrome?
To delete NordVPN completely, right-click on the NordVPN extension and choose the “Remove from Chrome…” option.
Does Google Chrome have a built-in VPN extension?
How do I choose the best VPN for Chrome?
- The best VPN is a fast VPN, so make sure it has fast connection speeds.
- Make sure it includes ad-blocking and malicious website blocking functions — avoiding dangerous websites is one of the best ways to protect your data.
- The best VPN extensions come from reliable providers that offer a multitude of servers, unlimited bandwidth, robust encryption, and quality customer support.
- Make sure it’s lightweight and easy to use.
- Avoid free VPN services as a lot of them may collect your data, flood you with ads, or simply don’t function properly.
- Make sure you choose a VPN service with a strict no-logs policy.
How can I get a NordVPN extension for a specific Chrome version?
- Download the NordVPN Chrome extension version 2.67.2 .zip file and unpack it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the three-dot symbol in the top-right corner of the screen, and pick “Settings.”
- Click “Extensions” in the left-hand menu, then toggle to “Developer mode.”
- Click “Load unpacked,” find the NordVPN extension 2.67.2 folder you unpacked in step 1, and press “Select folder.” Your browser extension is now ready.
Enjoy a hassle-free online experience with NordVPN
Hide your virtual location, get a new IP, access the internet without restrictions, and enjoy your favorite content securely with a risk-free VPN. If you are not 100% satisfied, tell us within 30 days of the purchase date and get a full refund.