Get NordVPN for all your devices
What are VPN extensions for Chrome?
The NordVPN browser extension for Chrome is a VPN proxy that secures your browser’s internet traffic and changes your IP. It comes with useful extra features to improve your browsing experience, like Threat Protection Lite for blocking ads and dangerous links. Chrome extensions only shield browser traffic — for other online activities, download the NordVPN app.
Enjoy the full benefits of the VPN Chrome extension
Security for Chrome you can trust
An easy-to-use privacy solution
How to set up a VPN extension on Google Chrome
Follow these three easy steps to add a VPN Chrome extension to your browser. For more information, have a look at our detailed tutorial here.
Frequently asked questions
Why do I need a VPN for Chrome?
Finally, unlike many other browser VPNs, the NordVPN proxy extension comes with Threat Protection Lite — a built-in cybersecurity tool to block ads and malicious links to dangerous websites.
How do I use a browser VPN for Chrome?
How do I change my IP address with a VPN for Chrome?
Is a free VPN for Chrome good?
Reputable VPNs for Chrome like NordVPN also offer additional features that might be useful. For example, the NordVPN Chrome extension automatically blocks WebRTC — a protocol that could leak your IP. Another neat feature is Threat Protection Lite — it blocks ads and protects you from entering malicious websites. You can control both in the settings panel of the extension.
How do I enable a VPN on the Chrome browser?
- After downloading the NordVPN extension from the Chrome Web Store, click on the NordVPN logo that appears in the top-right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Enter your NordVPN credentials (your Nord Account username and password).
- Click “Quick Connect” to automatically connect to the best server available for you, or scroll down to choose a specific server from the list.
How do I disable the VPN proxy extension in Chrome?
To delete NordVPN completely, right-click on the NordVPN extension and choose the “Remove from Chrome…” option.
Does Google Chrome have a built-in VPN extension?
How do I choose the best VPN for Chrome?
- The best VPN is a fast VPN, so make sure it has fast connection speeds.
- Make sure it includes ad-blocking and malicious website blocking functions — avoiding dangerous websites is one of the best ways to protect your online traffic.
- The best VPN extensions come from reliable providers that offer a multitude of servers, unlimited bandwidth, robust encryption, and quality customer support.
- Make sure it’s lightweight and easy to use.
- Avoid free VPN services as a lot of them may collect your data, flood you with ads, or simply don’t function properly.
- Make sure you choose a VPN service with a strict no-logs policy.
How can I get a NordVPN extension for a specific Chrome version?
- Download the NordVPN Chrome extension version 2.67.2 .zip file and unpack it.
- Open Google Chrome, click the three-dot symbol in the top-right corner of the screen, and pick “Settings.”
- Click “Extensions” in the left-hand menu, then toggle to “Developer mode.”
- Click “Load unpacked,” find the NordVPN extension 2.67.2 folder you unpacked in step 1, and press “Select folder.” Your browser extension is now ready.
What’s the difference between a Chrome extension and a Chrome proxy extension?
A Chrome proxy extension is a specific type of browser extension designed to route your internet traffic through a proxy server. When you use a Chrome proxy extension, your IP address changes, and you can browse with more online privacy. Thanks to proxy extensions, you may also be able to bypass censorship and enjoy more online freedom.
How can a VPN for Chrome help you bypass censorship and empower free speech?
A VPN for Chrome can help you bypass censorship and give you more control over the information you access and share. A VPN allows you to change your virtual location, meaning you can access information as if you’re in a different country. Additionally, a VPN encrypts your data traffic and hides your IP address to enhance your online privacy, making it more difficult to monitor and track you online. Though a VPN can’t guarantee online anonymity, it’s an excellent way to increase online security, protect privacy, and empower free speech.
Enjoy a hassle-free online experience with NordVPN
Hide your virtual location, get a new IP, access the internet without restrictions, and enjoy your favorite content securely with a risk-free VPN. If you are not 100% satisfied, tell us within 30 days of the purchase date and get a full refund.