Managed Video as a Service definition
Managed Video as a Service is a cloud solution that provides video surveillance and storage services. With MVaaS, a third party takes care of hosting, storage, and management of surveillance camera footage, so that businesses and clients can focus on their area of expertise.
Uses of MVaaS
- Education. Schools and universities use MVaaS for enhanced campus security and public area monitoring.
- Healthcare. Hospitals and clinics use MVaaS to monitor sensitive areas and ensure health and safety standards compliance.
- Transportation and logistics. In transportation hubs like airports, train stations, and large logistics operations, MVaaS helps to secure premises, monitor cargo, and manage the flow of people and goods.
- Public safety and city surveillance. Municipalities employ MVaaS for public safety initiatives, traffic monitoring, and surveillance of public spaces.
- Hospitality. Hotels and resorts use MVaaS to enhance guest security and monitor their premises and surrounding public areas.
- Residential properties. For residential communities and property management, MVaaS provides a way to monitor common areas and enhance overall security.