(also smart cloud)
Intelligent cloud definition
Intelligent cloud refers to a cloud computing model incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance the capabilities of cloud services. In an intelligent cloud environment, the cloud software or platform can learn from existing data and adapt to optimize performance, process information quicker, automate tasks, and improve scalability.
How intelligent cloud works
- Intelligent cloud uses artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze large amounts of data.
- The cloud platform uses machine learning (ML) technologies to learn from the available data.
- The learnings are used for making predictions and decisions to improve efficiency and enhance the capabilities of cloud services.
Examples of intelligent cloud functions
- Predictive analytics. Statistical algorithms and machine learning models are used to analyze data and predict future outcomes.
- Speech recognition. Some intelligent cloud services (e.g., voice assistants) use speech recognition technologies.
- Natural language processing. NLP refers to the technology that allows computers to understand human language. Some intelligent cloud services (e.g., virtual assistants and chatbots) use NLP.
Advantages of intelligent cloud
- Improved efficiency. Businesses can automate processes and workflows, allowing them to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Predictive capabilities. Intelligent cloud services offer predictive insights backed by machine learning.
- Scalability and flexibility. Intelligent cloud services are highly flexible and scalable.
- Cost-effectiveness. Businesses can typically access cost-effective intelligent cloud services, allowing them to pay only for the resources they use.