VPN Benefits for Small Business
Small businesses have been popping up all over the world at a tremendous pace. In any area of today’s world, numerous small businesses are trying to make a name for themselves and compete with the big guns. They usually need to work harder and make their small investments count, as one wrong move can make all the difference between building an excellent reputation and going out of business.
Ensuring the data security of a small business is essential, as losing valuable information about your business or compromising the data of your customers may have dire consequences. Securing small business online data is key in today’s competitive environment. Here’s how to do it with a small investment.
Scenarios where small business data may be breached
- Using an ad-hoc office. Many entrepreneurs and small businesses work from a coffee shop using free Wi-Fi. Open Wi-Fi networks hold a number of threats to data security.
- Hiring remote workers. Having employees in different parts of the country, or even the world, is one important factor that can put small businesses at risk in terms of cyber security. Transmitting data online without proper precautions may lead to cyber attacks and data breaches.
- Providing a free Wi-Fi hotspot. Customers often choose to visit a small business because of their access to free internet. If someone infects, sniffs or steals your customer data while using the unsecured Wi-Fi at your establishment, the reputation of your business will suffer.
A VPN service can be a solution in all of these scenarios.
What is a VPN?
A VPN, or a Virtual Private Network, is an online security service that helps one surf the Internet securely and privately. VPNs connect a user to their desired website through an encrypted virtual tunnel. The connection is made via a remote VPN server; the user’s IP address is replaced with the IP address of the server, ensuring a private browsing experience.
The fact that all your online traffic is reliably encrypted means that no one can intercept your sensitive data while you are browsing the Internet. All you need to do is connect to one of available VPN servers, and you’re good to go. Good VPNs have many servers all over the world, making it easier for you to establish a connection at any given time.
How can a VPN help a small business?
The hallmarks of a VPN service are security and privacy. While privacy is not the absolute necessity for business owners, security definitely is. Entrepreneurs need to regularly communicate with their business partners or people working for them in far-off locations. The Internet is the preferred mode of communication, but we keep hearing about data breaches every other day.
Since a VPN provides a secure connection, it is an ideal tool for entrepreneurs looking to communicate remotely. The encrypted connection makes it safer for business owners to share sensitive data about their business over the Internet. It keeps the data confidential and safe from all prying eyes. A VPN also allows accessing all the usual online content while traveling, which makes it an even more valuable service.
Choosing a VPN that best fits your need is essential to how positive the VPN turns out for you. You should look for a VPN that:
- makes it easy for you to connect with the people you want to communicate with;
- is easy and straightforward to use and manage by both sides;
- uses strong encryption protocols;
- provides high-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth;
- allows connecting to several devices under one account.
We believe NordVPN for business hits all these points with one of the strongest encryptions, focus on UX, great price point and the ability to connect up to 6 devices under one account. It will help you protect your small business from any kind of online cyber threat.