- The app is now available in Dutch.
- To better display the connection options, we’ll be showing a number of available cities for each country on the list.
Our team took a deep dive into the core of our app. The mission: to work on things that can’t be seen with the naked eye but keep our app running smooth and stable. We call this mission a success.
A bunch of pesky bugs won’t be bugging you anymore.
To enjoy the fastest VPN experience, we always recommend using Quick Connect. We’ve supercharged it with under-the-hood improvements to ensure even better VPN connectivity.
- We’ve improved the app experience in those uncertain times of poor internet connection.
- If you own a dedicated IP, tap on “Dedicated IP” in the specialty servers section to connect. It’s much more convenient than searching for that specific server.
- Meshnet is less hungry for battery power.
- The app is now available in Swedish.
That’s it — time for fika.
- From now on, the minimum iOS version required for the NordVPN app is 14.2. We’re dropping support for earlier versions because they don’t allow us to ensure top-grade security.
- The IKEv2 protocol is no longer available in our app. It’s been a good run, but we want to offer you only the best cybersecurity solutions. For both speed and security, we recommend using the NordLynx protocol.
- We’ve added a new setting that will let you keep your device invisible on the local network when connected to a VPN. While invisible, you won’t be able to access other network devices, such as computers, printers, or TVs. This setting prevents potential VPN traffic leaks caused by operating system limitations.
Now you can send a whole batch of photos or files to other devices at once. The sent files travel over an encrypted connection keeping your privacy and security intact. Share files with your friends and family in seconds – all they need is the NordVPN app on their device. The best part: the file sharing feature is free for everyone!
Knock knock! Who’s there? It’s just us trying to make your NordVPN experience better than ever. This time, the app update comes with under-the-hood tweaks and minor bug fixes. Update your app now not to miss a thing!
We’ve launched major Meshnet updates:
- You can now share files of any size via Meshnet! It’s private and secure. The files you send go to the recipient directly as we don’t store them in any server or cloud. Plus, the data travels through an encrypted connection.
- The Meshnet feature is now free for everyone.
- Performance and stability improvements for connections over the NordLynx protocol.
- We’ve been laying the groundwork for upgrades in the overall app experience.
- Performance and stability improvements for connections over the OpenVPN protocol.
- A bunch of pesky bugs won’t be bugging you anymore.
If there are things that shouldn’t go unnoticed, they are data breaches putting your personal data at risk. So from now on, a red bubble will appear on the Profile icon if Dark Web Monitor detects new leaks. Take it from feline wisdom: always chase the red dot.
- We’ve been mostly testing our engines, running performance tests, and tinkering around with the app to ensure that your NordVPN journey is a smooth cruise. What have you been up to?
- When you’re connected to VPN or have Meshnet on, you’ll see green bubbles added to their icons in the bottom navigation bar – just so you know they’re up and running.
Ah, the first release in 2023. A whole year of new exciting things is ahead of you. But for this moment, let’s focus on the here and now: under-the-hood improvements and fine-tuned NordVPN experience.
- It didn’t wait for New Year’s resolutions. Meshnet is already a better version of itself – with improved design and usability.
- When routing traffic through a linked computer via Meshnet, you’ll have access to its local network devices if the linked computer has granted this permission to you.
- Bugs can be the ultimate buzzkill. We’ve got rid of some pesky ones to keep the holiday spirit high.
- We felt like our large home screen widget was missing something. And then it hit us: recent connections! So here they are.
- As the holidays are fast approaching, we’ve been working on our app’s naughty-or-nice score. A bunch of mischievous bugs have been dispatched with a mission of no return.
Good things come in eights. Haven’t heard this saying? Neither have we. But we’re happy to announce NordVPN version 8.0! To mark this occasion, we’ve worked on the app’s stability and performance to make your experience even more delightful.
- This is the last update available for devices running iOS 11 and iOS 12, as we’re dropping support for these versions. To receive further NordVPN app updates, your device must run iOS 13 or later. This doesn’t affect subscriptions in any way – you will still be able to use NordVPN on iOS 11 or iOS 12.
- A few ghoulish bugs are nothing but a distant memory. It’s Spooktober, after all.
We’re introducing Lock Screen widgets for the sweet iOS 16! Glance at your Lock Screen to check if your connection is protected with a VPN – there’s no need to unlock your phone or open the NordVPN app. Our widgets come in all three sizes, so choose the one that complements your Lock Screen the best.
- Here’s one more reason to add the NordVPN widget to the precious space of your home screen: you can pause and resume a VPN connection without opening the app. Efficient!
- Ciao a tutti! You can now use the app in Italian.
- A few pesky bugs are nothing but a distant memory.
We bring both visual and technical improvements with this release:
- The uplifted visual style of the Profile section.
- Performance improvements beneath the surface.
- Troubleshooting guide: If you ever experience VPN connection issues, there are a few tricks that might help – and now you can try them without leaving the app. The troubleshooting guide will give you one-tap actions to follow to improve your connection.
- Some extra love for your eyes with dark mode improvements.
- On your marks, get set – the app launches faster now!
- A bunch of minor fixes and improvements for a smoother NordVPN experience.
- New feature: Meshnet! From now on, you only need the NordVPN app with Meshnet enabled to connect to remote devices securely. Link up to 10 of your own devices and 50 devices of other NordVPN users. Meshnet is great for accessing and sharing files, playing multiplayer games, or getting some work done on shared projects!
- More options in auto-connect: Now you can choose the fastest VPN server in a particular country or city to always auto-connect to.
- New language: You can use the NordVPN app in Traditional Chinese.
- There’s a new Profile section accessible from the bottom menu – and it’s all about you! Check your subscription status, access VPN settings, and find handy shortcuts. Are there any leaks detected by Dark Web Monitor? What’s your security score? Profile covers these questions too.
- Minor usability and performance fixes.
We went nitty-gritty and made improvements under the hood to set the app engine for even greater performance. It’s all about the base.
- Good news comes in twos: From now on, our Double VPN servers work with the NordLynx and IKEv2 protocols for twice the protection.
- A bunch of minor fixes and improvements for a better, smoother NordVPN app experience.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an essential security step to protect your Nord Account. That’s why we have included it into your security score. If you haven’t set MFA up yet, go ahead and see your security score rising! Using your preferred authentication method to verify that it’s really you logging in adds only a few seconds to your day but makes a huge difference to your account’s security.
- A few fixes under the hood for smoother app performance.
A selection of minor tweaks and fixes under the hood to make the NordVPN app work better for you. Because routine maintenance is just as important as a new shiny feature.
Excuse us, do you have time to talk about new year’s resolutions? Our app has one – to become the best version of itself. This release makes a classic starter pack: fewer bugs, more small improvements, and an elevated app experience.
- If you ever have questions or need help with your account or subscription, we’ve added a new category in the ‘Contact us’ form for all account-related matters. This will help digital pigeons to get your message across.
- Minor tweaks and fixes under the hood to make the NordVPN app work better for you. Because routine maintenance is just as important as a new shiny feature.
We felt like we needed to wrap up something for you, so here it goes: you’ve updated the NordVPN app 13 times this year! If you’ve been following the good cybersecurity practice of not skipping those app updates, of course.
And here’s why you should hit the ‘Update’ button one more time:
- Better: Dark Web Monitor went through an improvement session to become neat and pixel-perfect.
- Fixed: When you trust a Wi-Fi network, the app now properly shows that it has understood the assignment. No more hasty tapping to get a response.
Bugs can be beautiful. Take the bright-colored Cotton Harlequin Bug. Or the glistening Christmas beetle. Or bugs as pieces of digital art, the NFTs. Marvelous. We can’t say this about technical bugs, though. Instead of admiration, these cause disturbance in the NordVPN app experience. That’s a call for our bug-hunting team. Update your app to elevate the app to a higher state of smoothness and stability.
Ghosts, ghouls, and goblins might steal the spotlight during the spooky season, but cyber threats are haunting year-round. Avoid the spine-tingling cyber-scares by staying connected to VPN most of the time. Head to Statistics to see how well you’re doing: there’s a brand new graph that shows how long you stay protected per week. And don’t forget to build your protection streak!
Don’t have the NordVPN app yet? Download it now.