A hackers’ group responsible for one of the largest compilations of data breaches ever created. It affected more than 1 billion internet users by collecting databases from 45 companies. Their goal for releasing this information was not only to make money but to also showcase the poor security measures in these companies. The collection included people’s names, emails, passwords, locations, and social media information.
How to stay safe from hackers
- Keep all your software updated.
- Don’t disclose too much information about yourself or your company online.
- Beware of phishing attacks.
- Use strong passwords and a password manager.
- Use NordVPN to protect your traffic from snoopers.