Cerber ransomware definition
Ransomware that’s sold as software as a service (SaaS). Cybercriminals license the Cerber ransomware and use it for their own attacks, paying its creators a percentage of their revenues. It spreads through phishing emails and malicious websites, installs itself on the victim’s device, and encrypts their files.
Cerber ransomware removal
Cerber ransomware will encrypt files slowly, so if you notice it before it encrypts everything, you can stop the malware in its tracks. Here’s how:
- Restart your PC in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Scan your computer with an antivirus of your choice.
- Permanently delete any malware it finds, including Cerber.
Stopping Cerber ransomware
- Use NordVPN’s Threat Protection feature to scan your downloaded files for malware.
- Don’t click suspicious links or attachments.
- Keep your OS up to date.