This guide will show you how to install Kodi version 19.0 on your Amazon FireStick in just a few simple steps. It’s much easier than you think and will only take a few minutes.
How to download Kodi on FireStick
Kodi can’t be found on the Amazon app store. You’ll have to download a separate app to get started. It might seem like a roundabout way to get Kodi on FireStick, but the process is speedier than it sounds. This is the definitive guide on Amazon FireStick Kodi installation:
- To install Kodi on FireStick, open up your Amazon app store and search for “Downloader.” Download the app.
- Once the Downloader app has been installed, head over to your “Settings.” It’s the cog symbol at the far right of the navigation bar.
- Scroll down and select “My Fire TV.”
- From the new menu, select “Developer options.”
- Make sure “ABG debugging” is enabled.
- Go down to the next option and select “Install unknown apps”.
- You’ll be presented with a list of apps. Select the “Downloader” app and make sure it is set to “ON.”
- Go back to the main “Settings” options. Select “Preferences.”
- From here, go to “Privacy Settings.” Make sure “Device Usage Data” and “Collect App Usage Data” are set to “OFF.”
- Now we’re getting to the last steps for how to get Kodi on FireStick. Open up the Downloader app. Select the URL bar and enter this: “https://www.firesticktricks.com/k19.”. Press “Go.” This should start the download for the Kodi app for FireStick.
- Wait until the download has finished and select “Install.”
- Once you’ve finished installing Kodi via your Amazon FireStick, you’ll be asked whether you want to “Open” it or if you’re “Done.” Pick either option.
- Don’t forget that you won’t be able to access the Kodi app from the FireStick home screen. Here’s how to find it: Go to “Settings” > select “Applications” > select “Manage Installed Applications” > launch Kodi from the list of apps.
- If you don’t want to go through that process, merely hold the Home button until the pop-up screen appears, then just click in “Apps” and select Kodi from the list.
Why your FireStick needs a VPN
Why risk opening yourself up to a potential attack when you can easily hide behind the protective shield of a VPN? Using NordVPN for FireStick will ensure that your data is encrypted and your IP location is hidden. This prevents your internet service provider from snooping on your online activity or collecting your data. It’s a no-brainer for those who take their privacy seriously.
Keep in mind that first-generation FireSticks won’t be compatible with a VPN.