This guide will show you how to install Kodi version 19.0 on your Amazon FireStick in just a few simple steps. It’s much easier than you think and will only take a few minutes.
How to download Kodi on FireStick
Kodi can’t be found on the Amazon app store. You’ll have to download a separate app to get started. It might seem like a roundabout way to get Kodi on FireStick, but the process is speedier than it sounds. This is the definitive guide on Amazon FireStick Kodi installation:
- To install Kodi on FireStick, open up your Amazon app store and search for Downloader. Download the app.
- Once the Downloader app has been installed, head over to your Settings. It’s the cog symbol at the far right of the navigation bar.
- Scroll down and select My Fire TV.
- From the new menu, select Developer options.
- Make sure ABG debugging is On.
- Go down to the next option and select Install unknown apps.
- You’ll be presented with a list of apps. Select the Downloader app and make sure it is set to ON.
- Go back to the main Settings options. Select Preferences.
- From here, go to Privacy Settings. Make sure Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data are set to OFF.
- Now we’re getting to the last steps for how to get Kodi on FireStick. Open up the Downloader app. Select the URL bar and enter this: https://www.firesticktricks.com/k19. Press Go. This should start the download for the Kodi app for FireStick.
- Wait until the download has finished and select Install.
- Once you've finished installing Kodi via your Amazon FireStick, you’ll be asked whether you want to Open it or if you’re Done. Pick either option.
- Don’t forget that you won’t be able to access the Kodi app from the FireStick home screen. Here’s how to find it: Go to Settings > select Applications > select Manage Installed Applications > Launch Kodi from the list of apps.
- If you don’t want to go through that process, merely hold the Home button until the pop-up screen appears, then just click in Apps and select Kodi from the list.
Why your FireStick needs a VPN
Why risk opening yourself up to a potential attack when you can easily hide behind the protective shield of a VPN? NordVPN for FireStick has next-generation encryption that will prevent anyone from snooping on your online activity or collecting your data. It’s a no-brainer for those who take their privacy seriously.
Keep in mind that first-generation FireSticks won’t be compatible with a VPN.
Online security starts with a click.
Stay safe with the world’s leading VPN