You may be surprised to learn just how much Uber knows about you, especially when it comes to your sensitive geolocation data. Can you be sure that data is in good hands? Here’s how to delete your Uber account in case you are worried about your privacy.
While Uber is a handy tool to get from A to B quickly, there are multiple reasons why you might want to delete it:
Deleting the Uber app is pretty easy. Here’s how:
1. Open the Uber app;
2. Press the three stripes on the top left;
3. Tap Settings;
4. Go to Privacy Settings;
5. Press Delete your account in the bottom;
6. Enter your password and tap Verify;
7. You will see a screen informing you that Uber will deactivate your account for 30 days and then delete it. Tap Continue;
8. You can then pick a reason for deletion if you wish;
9. Click Delete on the final screen.
1. Click on Help Center at the very bottom of their homepage;
2. Click More under Account and payment options;
3. Choose Delete my Uber account;
4. Click Delete my Uber account;
5. Log in and follow further instructions.
To learn more about cybersecurity, subscribe to our monthly blog newsletter below!