(also V2Ray proxy protocol)
V2Ray protocol definition
V2Ray is a network communication protocol that improves internet security and privacy by enabling users to overcome internet restrictions and access restricted websites and services. It uses encryption, load balancing, traffic management, obfuscation, and dynamic routing to achieve high security and anonymity. Furthermore, V2Ray offers a strong and flexible communication solution by utilizing many protocols, including VMess, Shadowsocks, SOCKS5, and HTTP. It includes a command-line interface and an easy-to-use graphical user interface for configuration and management. V2Ray is popular among people and organizations that want to get around internet restrictions, access banned content, and hide their online activity from monitoring and surveillance.
See also: HTTP, obfuscation
V2Ray supported protocols
- VMess. Obfuscates and encrypts traffic to provide an additional layer of privacy and security.
- SOCKS5. Establishes a proxy connection to the internet that improves users’ anonymity and security.
- TLS. V2Ray protocol secures online transactions and websites for safe internet communication.
- HTTP/2. Enables compressed and multiplexed requests and responses that boost the website’s security and privacy.
- Shadowsocks. Bypasses internet monitoring and censorship and strengthens users’ online safety.
- Encryption. V2Ray utilizes AES-256 encryption that ensures users’ data stays unreadable by third parties and hackers.
- Open-source and user-driven. Various contributors support V2Ray so that customers could gain access to regular updates, bug fixes, and new features.
- Multi-protocol support. The different protocols provide different types of security depending on the users’ needs.
- Increased security and privacy. V2Ray combines encryption, obfuscation, and dynamic routing to guarantee secure and private communication. It offers high levels of anonymity and can also avoid internet regulation and surveillance.
- Flexibility and scalability. V2Ray offers a powerful and versatile communication solution by supporting a variety of protocols and proxies. It can quickly expand to manage high traffic volumes and easily be modified to fulfill individual communication requirements.