What is Voice.AI technology?
Voice.AI is a program that uses artificial intelligence to imitate the human voice as realistically as possible. Voice.AI uses deep learning, a machine-learning method inspired by the functioning of the human brain. It allows artificial intelligence to learn and then reproduce complex human speech patterns.
Voice.AI can mimic human speech without sounding robotic and artificial, unlike older text-to-speech models.
The technology used by Voice.AI has applications in many fields. For example, in entertainment, Voice.AI allows users to change their voice in real time while streaming or playing online with friends. It can also be used in customer support or voice assistants that use speech recognition technology and respond to user queries using natural, human voices.
AI technology is gaining popularity, but many people wonder how safe Voice.AI is and if it’s okay to download it. Several myths surround this program, which we will try to debunk today.
Is Voice.AI safe?
Voice.AI is a legitimate tool available for download from the official Voice.AI site. Its developers assure its safety and their own commitment to building a community around the app.
However, some antivirus programs warn against it. That’s why people sometimes question whether Voice.AI is a virus. The developers know this, and the tool’s website states that some antiviruses may catch false positives. The creators explain that they’re continuously working with leading cybersecurity companies to improve their programs and ensure maximum user safety.
Nevertheless, many internet users still ask whether Voice.AI is safe to use. One of the reasons is that the program uses distributed computing, which raises associations with crypto miners.
As stated by the developers, distributed computing in Voice.AI has nothing to do with cryptocurrencies and isn’t there to mine crypto at the expense of users. Shared resources are used to train new AI models, build voices, and handle voice processing.
Resource sharing in Voice.AI is a voluntary feature. If you agree to it, you can earn Voice.AI’s internal currency and use it to buy new voices in the app. The currency can also be purchased with real money.
It’s worth knowing that any user-generated content supplied to Voice.AI becomes associated with the user’s account or email address. Such content includes images, graphics, text, or videos entered into Voice.AI for publication or usage by the platform. So before you start using the app, you should know that if you upload something, it might be associated with you.
How to delete Voice.AI
You can uninstall the Voice.AI program like any other software. Here’s how to do it on different operating systems:
- Open the “Start” menu and go to the “Control panel.”
- Select “Programs” > “Programs and features.”
- Locate Voice.AI, right-click, and select “Uninstall.” Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open “Finder” and select “Applications.”
- Locate Voice.AI and drag it to the “Bin.”
- Empty the “Bin.”
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Select the profile icon.
- Select “Manage apps & devices” > “Manage.”
- Locate the app to remove and select “Uninstall.”
- Go to the App Library.
- Touch and hold the Voice.AI icon.
- Tap “Delete app” > “Delete.”
The Voice.AI program enables you to create an account. If you want to quit it completely, delete the application and your account. You can remove your account from the “Account settings” page after visiting the official Voice.AI website and logging in to your account.
What is AI Voice technology?
As we mentioned, Voice.AI uses AI technology to manipulate voices, but what is AI? Artificial intelligence is a technology focused on replicating human cognitive abilities. In this case, it’s used to learn, analyze, and recreate the human voice through advanced machine-learning algorithms.
These algorithms “learn” human speech based on countless gigabytes of voice data from real people’s samples. Such training enables AI to learn and recreate the patterns that characterize human speech. This makes AI-generated voices sound natural.
How to use it
You can use AI voice technology to change your voice in real time using voice changers or to create voice overs. AI can help people with visual impairments by reading out text-based content and bringing it closer to those who can’t access it otherwise. There is also voice cloning technology – an option for those who want to create a digital copy of their voice – whether for fun or as a memento.
If you want to see how AI voice technology works, you can use one of the numerous products available on the market. The apps are easy to use and usually offer at least a few natural-sounding voices to get you started. Some allow you to train your models to mimic your voice, which requires recording and uploading a few samples to the service.
What are the main risks?
Before you start using AI technology, it’s worth knowing that while it sounds interesting, some risks are involved. Not everyone is a fan of generative AI, and it’s worth understanding why:
- More opportunities for scammers. Realistic human voice cloning was unimaginable just a few years ago. Today, it’s very much possible and could happen to you or your loved ones. Voice clones are produced from voice samples, which are abundant in today’s social media-driven world. Hackers can use specialized software to analyze those samples and impersonate people. In fact, scammers are already using voice cloning to extort money and data.
- Lack of sufficient regulation. The world of AI resembles the Wild West, and companies are racing to make better tools available. Few, however, are trying to regulate their use. That makes many people feel insecure. Voice cloning can sow misinformation and propaganda or endanger professions such as voice acting.
- Importance of consent. Many people naturally view their voices as parts of their identity and wouldn’t like others to impersonate them for their own gain or malicious purposes.
Is it illegal to use AI voice technology?
Using AI voice technology may be illegal, depending on your intentions and how you use it. You can clone your own voice or use voice libraries provided by software unless its policy states otherwise. You can also clone the voices of people who have given explicit consent.
However, you may expose yourself to legal consequences if you clone someone else’s voice and use it in your projects without permission, endanger someone’s reputation, scam someone using a fake voice, or use copyrighted material to train a model.
Want to read more like this?
Get the latest news and tips from NordVPN.