DD-WRT firmware build requirements
Minimum required DD-WRT build for FlashRouters Privacy App: build version 01-05-2020-r41892. You can download this build for your router from this page.
Officially Supported Routers:
- Asus RT-AC5300
- Asus RT-AC56U
- Asus RT-AC66U
- Asus RT-AC68U
- Linksys WRT1200AC
- Linksys WRT1900AC
- Linksys WRT1900ACv2
- Linksys WRT1900ACS
- Linksys WRT3200ACM
- Linksys WRT32X
- Netgear R6300v2
- Netgear R6400v2
- Netgear R7000
- Netgear R7800
- Netgear R8000
- Netgear R8500
- Netgear R9000
App is built to work with DD-WRT supported routers that have at least 16MB of flash memory. For specific questions or issues with a certain model contact FlashRouters Support.
How to Install the FlashRouters Privacy App
- Access the FlashRouter via wired connection. It is possible to upgrade firmware via WiFi, but this is not recommended unless you are unable to wire directly to the router.
- Go to Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Do NOT select Reset to Default Settings in the dropdown menu as this will erase all of your FlashRouter settings.
- Click Choose File and select the file you have downloaded.
- Click Upgrade.
How to access the FlashRouters Privacy App
- Go to flashroutersapp.com
- OR in DD-WRT settings go to Status > MyPage
- OR directly at http://192.168.11.1/MyPage.asp
How to connect to NordVPN
- Make sure you are on the Connect page in the FlashRouters App and Enter NordVPN account username and password.
- Select NordVPN server:
- Server dropdown is searchable by scrolling or typing desired server number
- Server Sort by Country Closest to you
- Server Sort by Country Least Loaded
- Click Connect.
Using Auto-Connect and Global Kill Switch
- Check Auto-Connect box to have FlashRouter connect to NordVPN automatically upon reboot.
- Check Global Kill Switch to kill the Internet connection if the VPN is disconnected.
Using Options page
- Device Renaming
- Policy Routing for Devices:
- Default – Connected to VPN
- Kill-Switch – per device Kill Switch (Global Kill Switch must be disabled)
- VPN-Bypass – device connects directly to ISP
- Policy Routing for Websites and Host IP’s
More information is available here: https://support.flashrouters.com/setup-guides/flashrouters-dd-wrt-privacy-app-vpn-setup/nordvpn-on-flashrouters-privacy-app-setup/
If you get any issues with FlashRouters App, please contact the FlashRouters support via this form: https://www.flashrouters.com/contacts.