These instructions will help you to connect to NordVPN using the IKEv2 protocol.
1. Download theNordVPN IKEv2 connection certificatehere:https://downloads.nordvpn.com/certificates/root.der
2. Download and install the “strongSwan VPN Client” application from the Google Play store:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.strongswan.android
3. Open thestrongSwan application.
4. Open thethree dot menuby tapping the three dot icon in the top-right corner of the app.
5. Select “CA certificates”.
6. In the screen that opens, open thethree dot menuagain and select “Import certificate”.
7. Select theroot.derfile you have downloaded inStep 1.
8. Confirm the importing by tapping “Import Certificate”.
9. Tap theback arrowto go back to themain screenof the strongSwan app.
10. Select “Add VPN profile”.
11. In the Server field, enter the hostname of one of our servers.
Server Hostname = For the sake of the tutorial, we have used us936.nordvpn.com, but you should connect to a server suggested to you at https://nordvpn.com/servers/tools/. Click on the Show advanced options and select security protocol as IKEv2/IPsec.
In the Username and Password fields, enter your NordVPN credentials.
All other settings can stay the same, although you can name the profile in the “Profile name”.
Once all the information has been entered, select “Save”.
12.Tap the profileyou have just created to connect.
13. A warning message may appear. Since we trust this application, check the “I trust this application” checkmark (if it is there), and tapOK.
Note: different devices may display a slightly different warning message
14. Once a status message appears saying you haveConnected, you will be connected to the VPN server. You can now minimize the application and use any other application – all of your network traffic now goes through the VPN and is secure.
Tap the “Disconnect” button to disconnect from the server.