This is a tutorial on how to connect to NordVPN servers on Windows 8 using the IKEv2 protocol.
1. Download the NordVPN IKEv2 certificate here: https://downloads.nordvpn.com/certificates/root.der . Then, open the root.der file. (Double-click on it)
3. Click “Install Certificate…”
5. Select “Place all certificates in the following store”, and click “Browse..”
6. Select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”, and click OK, and click “Next”.
7. Click “Finish”.
8. Click “OK” on both windows.
9. Go into the Control Panel.
10. Open Network and Internet.
11. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
12. Click Set up a new connection or network.
13. Click Connect to a workplace and push Next.
14. If you are asked “Do you want to use a connection that you already have?”, select “No, create a new connection” and then push Next.
15. Click Use my Internet connection (VPN).
16. Enter de74.nordvpn.com (Or any of our servers you wish to use – you can find all of our servers here: https://nordvpn.com/servers/) into Internet Address and Germany#74 server(Or any other name you wish) into Destination name and push Create.
17. Open Network and sharing center again and click Change adapter settings.
18. Open the properties dialog of Germany#74 adapter and show Security tab.
19. Enter the following:
Type of VPN: IKEv2
Data encryption: Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
Authentication: Use Extensible Authentication Protocol(EAP) and EAP-MSCHAPv2
And click OK.
20. Click OK.
21. Move the cursor to the right corner of your screen and click the Network icon.
22. Select Germany#74 sever and click Connect.
23. In the Sign in dialog, enter your NordVPN credentials.