This tutorial explains how to connect your TRENDnet router to NordVPN using the PPTP protocol.
First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
Please also note that PPTP is a very old VPN protocol, and is considered unsafe. Use it at your own risk.
In order to setup your Trendnet router to connect to our VPN via the PPTP protocol please do the following:
1. In the left-side menu of the administrative panel, under Main, select WAN.
2. Set your Connection Type to PPTP, and select Dynamic IP.
3. Type in one of our DNS server addresses: 188.8.131.52
4. Type in one of our VPN servers into the Server IP / Name field. You can find all of our servers listed here: https://nordvpn.com/servers/. Type in de84.nordvpn.com, for example.
5. Under PPTP Account, type in your NordVPN username.
6. Under PPTP Password and Retype PPTP Password, type in your NordVPN password.
7. Set Auto-reconnect to Connect-on Demand
8. Set Idle Time Out to 5 minutes.
9. Leave MTU as it was.
10. Enable MPPE.
Click Apply, and you will be connected.