This tutorial explains how to connect your TRENDnet router to NordVPN using the L2TP protocol.
First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
Please note, that L2TP alone does not encrypt your traffic, it only reroutes you through one of our servers. Use it at your own risk. This does not apply to L2TP/IPsec.
In order to setup your Trendnet router to connect to our VPN via the L2TP protocol please do the following:
1. In the left-side menu of the administrative panel, under Main, select WAN.
2. Set your Connection Type to L2TP, and select Dynamic IP.
3. Type in one of our DNS server addresses: 18.104.22.168
4. Type in one of our VPN servers into the Server IP / Name field. You can find all of our servers listed here: https://nordvpn.com/servers/. Type in de84.nordvpn.com, for example.
5. Under L2TP Account, type in your NordVPN username.
6. Under L2TP Password and Retype L2TP Password, type in your NordVPN password.
7. Set Auto-reconnect to Connect-on Demand
8. Set Idle Time Out to 5 minutes.
9. Leave MTU as it was.
Click Apply, and you will be connected.