First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
Please note, that L2TP alone does not encrypt your traffic, it only reroutes you through one of our servers. Please use it at your own risk. This does not apply to L2TP/IPsec.
In order to connect your TotoLink router via L2TP connection to our VPN service please do the following:
1. Go to Network and then click on WAN Settings
2. In Type Menu please select L2TP/Dual WAN access L2TP
3. Type in your NordVPN credentials.
4. Server IP/Domain Name Address: You can check our full server list here https://nordvpn.com/servers/ and then use one of the hostnames for one of our servers. For example, Netherlands #37 server would be nl37.nordvpn.com
5. Select DHCP client
6. Select Set DNS Manually and type in the following DNS’es:
DNS1: 18.104.22.168 DNS2: 22.214.171.124 DNS3: 126.96.36.199
7. Save the changes and apply.