This tutorial explains how to connect your Tomato firmware router to NordVPN using the PPTP protocol.
First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
Please note that PPTP is a very old VPN protocol, and is considered unsafe. Please use it at your own risk.
Try using PPTP protocol to connect to VPN:
1. Go to VPN Tunneling – > PPTP Client;
2. Enable Start with WAN feature;
3. Into the Server Address field enter the address of the server you want to connect to. Our server list can be found here: https://nordvpn.com/servers/ ;
4. Enter your NordVPN username and password;
5. Check the Stateless MPPE connection;
6. Set Accept DNS Configuration to Exclusive;
7. Enable Redirect Internet Traffic and Create NAT on tunnel features;
8. Save the settings you have changed;
9. Connect to the VPN.