Note: you don't have to set up a proxy if you are already using NordVPN app.
For Socks5 use port 1080, for HTTP use port 80.
Here is a tutorial on how to set up a proxy on uTorrent:
1. Open your uTorrent client.
2. Click on Options and then press Preferences.
3. A new window pops up. Click on Connection.
4. On the Proxy Server section choose the Type Socks5 or HTTP.
5. For Proxy enter one of NordVPN’s servers addresses, that allows P2P traffic. You can find the best Proxy server for you using our server picker. In our server picker click on Show advanced options, click on Select server type and choose P2P, then click on Select security protocol and choose Socks5 or HTTP Proxy to see the recommended server.
6. For Port type 1080 (if using Socks5) or 80 (if using HTTP) and make sure you check the following boxes:
7. Type in your NordVPN Username and Password in the authentication fields and press OK.
Congratulations! You have just set up Socks5/HTTP for uTorrent. If you want to check whether it really works, here is what you have to do:
1. Go to this website.
2. Scroll down until Torrent Address detection and click on this Magnet link.
3. A new window pops up. Choose the uTorrent program and press OK. Important: do not close ipleak website.
4. uTorrent will open automatically and Magnet Tracking Link starts synchronizing.
5. While the file is connecting to peer return to the ipleak website. A new IP address, the one that you chose, appears.
As you can see, it is the IP address of NordVPN server which indicates uTorrent is downloading files through NordVPN proxy thus ensuring your downloads to be hidden and secured.