This is a tutorial to help you set up socks5 proxy on the microTorrent – uTorrent client.
1. Open your uTorrent client.
2. Click on Options and then press Preferences.
3. A new window pops up. Click on Connection.
4. On the Proxy Server section choose the Type Socks5.
5. For Proxy enter one of NordVPN’s servers addresses, that allows torrent traffic. Here is a list of servers that allow torrenting: https://support.nordvpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/206939499-Peer-to-Peer-traffic-with-NordVPN. The full server list with all server addresses can be found at: NordVPN Server List.
6. For Port type 1080 and make sure you check the following boxes: Authentication, Use proxy for hostname lookups, Use proxy for peer-to-peer connections, Disable all local DNS lookups, Disable features that leak identifying information, Disable connections unsupported by the proxy.
7. Type in your NordVPN Username and Password in the authentication fields and press OK.
Congratulations! You have just set up Socks5 for uTorrent.
If you want to check whether it really works, here is what you have to do:
1. Go to this website.
2. Click on Magnet link.
3. A new window pops up. Choose the uTorrent program and press OK. Important: do not close ipmagnet website.
4. uTorrent will open automatically. Save the torrent file to your computer and click on OK.
5. The file ipMagnet Tracking Link starts synchronizing.
6. While the file is connecting to peer return to the ipMagnet website. A new IP address, the one that you chose, appears.
As you can see, it is the IP address of NordVPN server which indicates uTorrent is downloading files through NordVPN proxy thus ensuring your downloads to be hidden and secured.