Note: you don't have to set up a proxy if you are already using NordVPN app.
- Open your Opera Browser.
- Click on the Opera Menu, which is in the top-left corner of the browser window and then press Settings.
- When Settings are open, click on Advanced and select Browser tab in the left corner. Then scroll down to find System section. Click on the button Open proxy settings
- A new window pops up. Choose Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
- On another new window check the following box: Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). For Address enter one of NordVPN’s servers addresses. You can find the best Proxy server for you using our server picker. In our server picker click Show advanced options, click Select security protocol and choose HTTP Proxy to see the recommended server.
- For Port enter 80. Note: To ensure a full privacy do NOT check the box Bypass proxy server for local addresses.
- Press OK on the current andon the previous window as well.
- Once you try to access a site you will be prompted for the username and password. Enter your NordVPN Username and Password and press Sign in.
Congratulations! The configuration is completed. If you want to check whether it really works, go to our page which is called "What is my IP", where you will see the IP address of your chosen server.