This tutorial explains how to connect your Linksys Cisco router to NordVPN using the PPTP protocol.
First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
Please note that PPTP is a very old VPN protocol, and is considered unsafe. Please use it at your own risk.
Here is how to connect a Linksys Cisco router to NordVPN:
1. Go to Setup -> Basic Setup;
2. Set connection type as PPTP;
3. Set your IP address to be obtained automatically;
4. Enter the IP address of the server you want to connect to. Our server list can be found at https://nordvpn.com/servers/ . You can use http://whatismyipaddress.com/hostname-ip tool to convert server name to IP address;
5. Enter your NordVPN credentials;
6. Set Keep alive to 30;
7. Set DNS servers you want to use. Our DNS servers are these: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124;
8. Save your settings to connect to VPN.
Congratulations, your traffic should be going through NordVPN now! You can visit www.whatismyipaddress.com to confirm the successful VPN connection.