This is a tutorial on how to manually connect to NordVPN servers on iOS (iPhone/iPad), using the IKEv2 protocol.
1. First, download the NordVPN IKEv2 certificate to your device. The easiest way would be to open this link on the device itself: https://downloads.nordvpn.com/certificates/root.der
2. The certificate installation dialog will appear. Tap Install in each of the steps.
3. Once installed, tap Done.
4. Open the VPN menu in your device Settings, and tap Add VPN Configuration…
5. Type in these settings:
Description: (any name you want, this field does not matter)
Server: The hostname of your chosen NordVPN server. You can find our server list with the hostnames here: https://nordvpn.com/servers/ (in our case, we chose us333.nordvpn.com)
Remote ID: The same hostname as the Server field.
Local ID: Leave empty.
User Authentication: Username
Username: Your NordVPN account username.
Password: Your NordVPN account password.
Afterwards tap Done.
6. The VPN configuration will appear in the VPN menu. Tap the Status slider to connect.
7. Once the slider turns green, you will be successfully connected to NordVPN servers!