This is a tutorial on how to install and use the NordVPN application for iOS devices (iPhone / iPad).
First of all you should download and install the NordVPN application to your device.
1. Open the App Store.
2. Search for NordVPN.
3. Tap the Download button.
4. The NordVPN app will install. The app icon will appear on your homescreen. Tap it to open the app.
5. The Sign-in screen will appear. Sign in to your NordVPN account here, or, alternatively, register a new one.
6. Once logged in, you will be greeted with the main screen of the application. You can see the country map in the middle of the screen, with the Quick Connect button at the bottom. You can tap this button to quickly connect to NordVPN servers.
Using a complex formula that includes various server parameters, Quick Connect chooses the best server for you at that moment.
7. When connecting for the first time, a dialog window will open asking you to allow the NordVPN app to connect to a VPN server. This is a default warning message, and since NordVPN is a trustworthy VPN provider, you can safely tap Allow.
8. Once connected, the Quick Connect button will light-up with a green color, and the country pin will do the same. You will also have a “VPN” icon in the status bar at the top of your screen, indicating that you are currently connected to a VPN server. This icon will be visible from any app – that way you can ensure that you are always connected.
9. You can also tap any of the country pins to connect to a country of your choosing.
10. Alternatively, you can open a list of the available countries by selecting the Countries tab at the bottom of the app. To connect, simply tap the power button next to the country.
11. The right-side menu of the app has more options and settings.
The Kill Switch disables system-wide internet access if you are not connected to a VPN server, meanwhile it also tries you to automatically reconnect to the most recently used server.
Smart Reconnect works in a different way – it allows the application to connect you to a different server upon the initial connection – for example, if the server you chose is not available, or there’s some issues connecting to it.
12. The Servers option in the menu allows you to choose a specific server to connect to. You can tap it, then tap on the All Servers tab to view the full list of NordVPN servers.
Then, tap on any category or country, and tap on the power button next to your preferred server.