This tutorial will teach you how to install and use NordVPN on the iPhone and iPad.
Downloading and installing
- Open the App Store.
- Search for NordVPN.
Note: NordVPN may not appear in the App Store in certain regions with VPN restrictions. If that’s the case, follow this guide on how to download our app from such locations.
- Tap the Download button.
Setting up and using the app
- Tap the NordVPN app icon to launch it.
- When presented with a notification about privacy, click on Agree & Continue.
- You will be prompted to Sign Up to a new account. If you already have a NordVPN account, tap Log in here at the bottom of the screen.
- Once logged in, you will see our map and the Quick Connect button, which will automatically connect you to a server recommended by our smart algorithm (based on your needs and preferences).
- When connecting for the first time, you will be asked to allow NordVPN to add VPN configurations.
- This is a standard warning message — VPN configurations are necessary for connecting to VPN servers. NordVPN is a respectable VPN service provider, so tap Allow to continue.
- If you are using Touch ID, you will be asked to confirm your choice with your fingerprint.
- Once connected, a country pin on the map will turn green and the Connected to (country) message will be visible above the map. A VPN icon will also appear at the top of your screen, visible on all apps to let you know if you’re connected.
Choosing between different servers
- Tap on a country’s pin and hit QUICK CONNECT to automatically reach the best server in that country for you, as determined by our smart algorithm. In some cases, you can also swipe up on the country’s card to see specific servers.
- You can also view the available countries and specialty servers by swiping up from the bottom of the app with no country pins selected. Tap on the country you want to automatically connect to a server.
- You can tap on the three dots next to a country to select a specific city. NordVPN will sort the available servers based on your needs, letting you choose the best option.
- You can also tap Search to find a specific server using its server number.
Managing favorite servers
- To add a server to your favorites, tap the heart icon next to it on the server list.
- To access your favorite servers, simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen while on the main map. You will see a new Favorites category.
- While in the map screen, you can tap the cog icon in the top-right corner to access Account information and Settings.
- You will see the details of your subscription and advanced security options, such as the choice of VPN protocol.
Cybersec protects you from intrusive ads, malicious sites, and other threats.
The VPN Protocol menu lets you choose your connection protocol (IKEv2, OpenVPN UDP, OpenVPN TCP, and NordLynx).
With Auto-Connect enabled, NordVPN will automatically connect you to a secure VPN server when you’re On Wi-Fi networks or any time the app launches (Always).
In the TRUSTED WI-FI NETWORKS section, you can disable Auto-Connect on specific networks. For example, you can make an exception for a trusted home Wi-Fi network.