This tutorial explains how to connect your GL.iNet router to NordVPN using the OpenVPN protocol.
First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
1. Download OpenVPN client configuration files. We recommend going into our recommended server utility here.
2. Access your device via the WebGUI. By default GL.iNet IP address is 192.168.8.1. Once there, select VPN -> OpenVPN Client and click on the Add a New OpenVPN Configuration.
3. Upload the previously downloaded .ovpn file.
4. Then a new window will pop up which will ask you to specify your NordVPN credentials. Type them in and click Submit.
5. You can now click Connect to start the OpenVPN connection.
6. Once connected, you should find your IP address, data received/sent.
7. Congrats! You are connected to NordVPN.