This is a tutorial on how to connect a Belkin router via PPTP.
First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
Please note that PPTP is a very old VPN protocol, and is considered unsafe. Please use it at your own risk.
1. Open the Internet WAN page, and select PPTP for the Connection Type.
2. Enter your username in the PPTP Account field;
3. In the Password and Retype Password fields you need to enter your NordVPN password;
4. Leave Host Name empty;
5. Into the PPTP Server IP Address field enter the IP address of the server you want to connect to. Our server list can be found at https://nordvpn.com/servers/ . You can use http://whatismyipaddress.com/hostname-ip tool to convert server name to IP address;
6. IP Assigned by ISP should be set to Yes;
7. Leave the option Disconnect after unchecked;
8. If there is Click here to enter your DNS Settings option, please click on it and enter our DNS servers: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206;
9. Use Apply Changes option to connect to VPN.
Please note that you may need to disable your router firewall if it is enabled.
Congratulations, your traffic should be going through NordVPN now! You can visit www.whatismyipaddress.com to confirm the successful VPN connection.