Don’t want to manage the VPN setup manually? Download the NordVPN app for Android, where all you need to do is install the app, log in, and pick the server you want.
The OpenVPN Connect application can be used as an alternative way to connect to NordVPN servers on your Android device. Since this manual connection method requires a bit more complicated set up, it is recommended for more advanced Android users.
- At first, it is necesarry to download a configuration file for a recommended server, that will be necesarry later.
Open your browser and go to our server picker here. Tap on Show available protocols button.
- Download the configuration file depending on the connection protocol you want to use.
TCP is more for connection stability and browsing the web.
UDP is more for streaming services and speed with higher risk of instability.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Search Google Play button.
- Search for the OpenVPN Connect application .
- Launch the application from your home screen or menu.
On the following window, select OVPN Profile button.
- A similar permissions prompt window should be received:
- Click Allow and navigate to the foldert that you have downloaded the OpenVPN configuration file to.
By default, it should be in the downloads folder.
Make sure that OVPN is selected (as displayed in the screenshot), then select the files you want to import, and press IMPORT button on the upper-right corner.
- On the following window, enter any title for the connection and your NordVPN account credentials.
Then press Add button.
- Now, after you have successfully configured the connection, click on the switch button next to the OpenVPN profile to initiate the connection.
- The application will ask you for permissions, necesarry for the VPN connection.
Click OK button.
- On the following prompt, click on Continue button.
- If the connection is successful, you will see the similar window to the one below.
There you can see an extensive information about your connection, such as current data throughput or duration.
- To disconnect, simply press the switch button next to the OpenVPN profile name and toggle it off.